The Habtoor Leighton Group (HLG) is one of the leading diversified international contractors in the Middle East and North Africa.
HLG employs more than 25,000 people, making it one of the largest construction groups in the region. The group's strength is its ability to develop innovative, practical solutions for clients.
HLG is part of the Leighton Group, Australia's largest project development and contracting group with annual revenues exceeding US$18 billion. The Leighton Group's major shareholder is HOCHTIEF AG, the world's largest international contractor. HLG benefits from its ability to call upon the global experience and resources of both these organisations.
HLG focuses on five core market sectors:
- Oil and Gas
The Habtoor Leighton Group also operates a diverse range of complementary Associated Businesses that enable it to offer clients a one-stop solution for all their construction, development and asset management needs.
HLG has an extensive track record in large-scale projects across the region. For more than 40 years it has built a strong and loyal client base across both the public and private sectors.
HLG is one of the most diversified international contractors in the region, offering clients a range of capabilities. The five core market sectors that HLG focuses on are:
- Infrastructure: HLG offers engineering and infrastructure services that include design, development, construction, and operation and maintenance with a strong emphasis on transport-related projects. Infrastructure capabilities include roads and bridges, tunnels, airports, pipelines, ports and harbours, water and power projects.
- Building: HLG is regarded as one of the premier builders in the Middle East and North Africa. Building capabilities include hotels, commercial and retail, hospitals and healthcare, residential, education and culture, industrial facilities, sports facilities, and government and defence buildings.
- Rail: HLG's rail operations are undertaken through its specialist rail services provider, the Advance Rail Group (ARG). Rail capabilities include the development, design, construction, testing and commissioning, maintenance and operation of transport, mining, metro, regional and heavy haul infrastructure projects.
- Oil and Gas: The oil and gas sector represents a major growth area for HLG. The expertise of HLG and its related companies is focused on near-shore import and export facilities and onshore facilities in Greenfield and Brownfield locations.
- Mining: HLG is part of the Leighton Group, the world's largest contract miner. The Group has been involved in the mining and resources market since the 1940s. Group companies often manage and operate mines for their lifetime and have been involved in developing new skills to conduct mining, processing, haulage and train load-out operations of coal, iron ore, gold, nickel, bauxite, phosphate and copper. The Group also constructs resources-related infrastructure.
HLG operates a number of Associated Businesses to complement its core construction activities. The Associated Businesses are formed through strategic joint ventures with leaders in their respective industries. Through its Associated Businesses, HLG offers clients a one-stop solution for all their construction needs, from the foundations, through to fit-out and ongoing operations and maintenance.
- Advance Rail Group - HLG's rail capability is delivered through its specialist rail services provider, Advance Rail Group (ARG).
- Habtoor Specon - Habtoor Specon provides quality mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) services to the Middle East.
- Habtoor STFA Soil Group (HSSG) - HSSG offers foundation services to both the wider Group and clients throughout the region.
- Thiess Services Middle East - A joint venture between HLG and Australia's Thiess Services, TSME offers facilities management and award-winning environmental services.
- Leighton Offshore Middle East - HLG's offshore oil and gas capability is delivered through Leighton Offshore Middle East.
- Habtoor Leighton Interiors - Habtoor Leighton Interiors offers interior fit-out and design services to clients across the Middle East.
- Habtoor ATCO - A joint venture between HLG and Canada's ATCO Structures, Habtoor ATCO provides pre-fabricated, relocatable, modular buildings.
- Habtoor Leighton Steel - Habtoor Leighton Steel manages steel design, fabrication and erection for the Group and clients throughout the region.
HLG consults with all clients at the outset of each project to determine the best possible delivery solution for their needs. The Group makes choices that are appropriate to the projects environment and beneficial to all the stakeholders.
HLG provides solutions that address quality and cost, and schedule controls, risk management, legal liabilities, and sustainability factors.
The Habtoor Leighton Group can offer a range of delivery options including:
- Hard dollar (Lump sum)
- Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP)
- Design and construct (D&C)
- Engineering procurement construction (EPC)
- Project/construction management
- Privatised (PPP/BOO/BOOT)
For more information, visit www.hlgroup.com.